|Open, Burning Permit for Clean, Dry Wood Only|
This burning permit is issued to _________________________________________________________________(name) at __________________________________________________________________ for ___________________________ (date) pursuant to City of Lawrence Ordinance 7051.
The following must be obeyed for this permit to be valid.
- Burning is allowed only on the premises indicated above.
- Burning on the premises is allowed only upon written approval from the Kansas Department of Health and Environment, Bureau of Air and Waste Management.
- Burning ia allowed for "clean, dry wood" ONLY.
- Burning is not allowed PRIOR TO ONE-HALF (1/2) hour after sunrise, and AFTER ONE-HALF (1/2) hour before sunset
- Burning is not allowed when the surface wind speeds exceeds:
Wind speed must be verified immediately prior to igniting the fire by calling one of the Fire Medical stations listed below:
- Eight (8) miles per hour in congested areas,
- Twelve (12) miles per our in non-congested areas.
- Station 1; 832-7610
- Station 2; 832-7620
- Station 3; 832-7630
- Station 4; 832-7640
- Burning is not allowed within 50 feet of any structure.
- Fire suppression equipment on site shall be available and adequate to extinguish the amount of wood being burned.
- Burning shall be supervised until the fire is completely extinguished.
Failure to comply with all regulations indicated above will result in legal action against the permittee.
APPROVED BY: ________________________________________________________________ (name/title)